www.robertgraves.org Forum Index www.robertgraves.org
Robert Graves Online Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hebrew Mythlogy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.robertgraves.org Forum Index -> The White Goddess
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paco
rhymer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Hebrew Mythlogy Reply with quote

Has anyone read this book ?

Who can give the answer where Graves got his informations
about this magic mush mentionend in his book where it is about
Adam and Eve and the apple of wisdom ?
ian
bard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Paco,

Graves had many sources; however, specifically speaking of the mushroom element, you'll find that he worked closely with Gordon Wasson

Ian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tami Whitehead
poet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:58 am    Post subject: Hebrew Myth, Mushrooms etc. Reply with quote

Hi Paco,
Thanks for joining our little clatch here!
Yep, I have read, re-read, both Hebrew Mythology and Greek Myths 1&2 by Graves. The latter has been a huge influence on my understanding of myth, and pointed me in some very interesting directions (although I disagree with some of his ideas, but who am I to say, since I can't read Greek? Wink )

In fact, the apple question, and enlightenment through somatics, is a particular obsession of mine. May I ask what your interest is in the subject? (Before I go rattling off about something that isn't really what you are after) Myself, I have more questions than answers, but I do think that there were a number of psychotropic plants etc used by several cultures to a similar end, namely, Divine Gnosis.

An interesting point that I wish Graves had addressed was Gen. 3:22...And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the Tree of Life, and eat, and live forever...

It would seem there is a 2-part process to achieve godhood. One is Gnosis, the other Life. I commented in another thread that there seems to be some connection between vines/wines and the Plant of Immortality or Tree of Life. I still wonder...ideas, comments anyone?

Tami
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.robertgraves.org Forum Index -> The White Goddess All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: