www.robertgraves.org Forum Index www.robertgraves.org
Robert Graves Online Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Shout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anna
rhymer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: The Shout Reply with quote

I have ti write an essay on the Robert Graves's novel " the Shout". Please, if someone has any interesting ideas or sugestions, let me know! Frandly speaking i don't have any clue what to write. :cry:
notarius
bard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: The Shout Reply with quote

Dear Anna,

You do not indicate at what level you are studying, but one source suitable for most higher education levels, or perhaps university entrance exams too, is an artcle by Grevel Lindop, "'A Fine Milesian Tale': Exploring Robert Graves's 'The Shout'", which was published in the Robert Graves Society's own journal, "Gravesiana", in December 1997. Unfortunately I do not have an online version, but can send you a scan of the 19 page article (10 pages at A4 size) if you think it would be suitable. Please e-mail me at [url]pjvilla@aol.com[/url] and include confirmation that the article will be used only for private study. (This is for Copyright reasons.) This article contains references to several others, so I won't quote them all here. You should be able to obtain some of them from college or local libraries, or perhaps online.

Probably you know that a film was made based on "The Shout", starring Alan Bates. Another good source of information seems to be one of the websites devoted to the actor, where "The Shout" is discussed in some detail and with what looks like some good quotable quotes to put into an essay. See: http://www.ffolio.com/abarchive/film/shout.html.

Hope this helps, Very Happy

Patrick
Secretary/Treasurer
The Robert Graves Society
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.robertgraves.org Forum Index -> Fiction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: